The PASS Test was developed specifically for homeschoolers in grades 3 through 8. Like other basic skills tests, it estimates student achievement in the subjects of reading, math, and language. The PASS uniquely has students take a placement test first. This allows students to take a test suited to their abilities rather than simply their age. Students may test twice a year; 5.5 months between tests.
You will initially receive:
- Placement tests (for new students or those who have not tested within the previous year)
- All required testing books
- If your student has tested within the previous year, you will automatically receive levels based on last year’s scores
- If your student is new or has not tested within the previous year, you will receive books based on the number of students in your family and the grade level requested
(For up to three students in a family, you will receive one Reading, one Math, and one Language book. For more students in a single family, you will receive two of each book.)
- Scantron Answer Sheet (bubble sheet)
- Instructions on how to give the tests
- Disposal Verification Form
When you check out, you will have a place to enter your student’s name and grade level along with an optional space for your anticipated testing date. For test integrity, once your student takes the tests and you have disposed of the remaining test materials, you will return both the answer sheet and a signed disposal verification form within 30 days of receiving the package. If you would like to order now for a later testing date, we will hold your package until just before your anticipated testing date so you can have the full 30 day flexibility. Once we receive the scantrons, we will grade the exams and send you a results packet in the mail.