- It is a non-timed test. This reduces or eliminates the test anxiety often arising around standardized testing.
- Because not all students are at the same level in any particular grade, it incorporates a pretest to determine the most appropriate level test to administer in each of the three subjects (Reading, Math, and Language). When tests are scored, the student’s responses to the specific level tests they took are then used to generate a report, which includes a comparison of the student to others in their same grade, as well as some specific recommendations.
$38 for one test
$35 each for 2-9 tests
$30 each for 10-19 tests
$26 each for 20+ tests
Please call or email us if you’d like to place a group order of more than 5 tests.
You will receive all the necessary materials in your testing packet. When you receive it:
- Read and follow the instructions in the Instructions and Placement Tests book.
- Follow the instructions book to give the Placement Test.
- Grade the Placement Test (answers are in the middle of the instructions book).
- Use the guidelines in the instructions book for deciding the correct levels.
- Prepare the Scantron answer sheet by filling in the date, school year, and levels boxes.
- Give the test.
- Follow instructions for returning the test to Hewitt. Please make sure to sign the disposal verification sheet.
- Tests and results must be sent to one address, paid for with one check or credit card, and returned together in order to receive a quantity price break.
- Group-test shipping requires a physical street address.
- We will need the following information:
- Each child’s first and last name
- Grade level
- Parent’s name and address for each child
- It may take up to four weeks to process group-test orders and get the tests to the group leader. Please order early.
Completed group tests returned separately from the group are subject to an additional $10.00 handling fee per test. During the current pandemic, we are waiving this fee for groups. Any individual can send back their test(s) from their group with no extra charge.
- Results will be sent to the parents on record rather than the group leader unless otherwise requested.
Download excel file with required information here. You may email us with this completed form.
For each student you wish to test, we must have their name and the grade you want the student compared with, the parent(s)’ name(s) and mailing address, a telephone number, an email address help if any last-minute problems arise, and the date you wish Hewitt to ship (allow 7 to 10 business days for it to reach you).
Full payment is required with each order, and is nonrefundable once it is shipped. Individual orders (for students from one family) may be ordered online. Group orders (those involving students from two or more families) and those where you are not the parent/guardian of the student must be phoned and then emailed directly to us.
To order you have a few options:
- Give us a call at (509) 720-8765.
- Email us at [email protected]
- Purchase through our web store.
We have students all over the world who use the PASS test. The states of New York, North Carolina, Washington, and Alaska have approved the PASS for purposes of state reporting. In other states which require testing, many school districts accept the test, but you should check with your local school district before relying on it.
Our current understanding is that the federal waiver of standardized testing applies only to public school students. This may change in the future. HSLDA has been tracking this as circumstances change.
While states and governments change policies, it is often good to continue with assessments both to track the growth of your student(s) and to maintain a sense of routine.
STATES WITH CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
Order a P.A.S.S. test
Please use our Web Store to purchase individual P.A.S.S. tests. For group purchases please email: [email protected]
Order P.A.S.S. test results reprint
Please use our Web Store to purchase P.A.S.S. results reprints.