- It is a non-timed test. This reduces or eliminates the test anxiety often arising around standardized testing.
- Because not all students are at the same level in any particular grade, it incorporates a pretest to determine the most appropriate level test to administer in each of the three subjects (Reading, Math, and Language). When tests are scored, the student’s responses to the specific level tests they took are then used to generate a report, which includes a comparison of the student to others in their same grade, as well as some specific recommendations.
The P.A.S.S. is designed for students in grades 3-8. You will also be marking “beginning”, “middle”, or “end” of year on the scantron to match your situation. This allows for students who school year round or at different paces to still be compared to others of the same level.
$38 for one test
$35 each for 2-9 tests
$30 each for 10-19 tests
$26 each for 20+ tests
Please call or email us if you’d like to place a group order of more than 5 tests.
You will receive all the necessary materials in your testing packet. When you receive it:
- Read and follow the instructions in the Instructions and Placement Tests book.
- Follow the instructions book to give the Placement Test.
- Grade the Placement Test (answers are in the middle of the instructions book).
- Use the guidelines in the instructions book for deciding the correct levels.
- Prepare the Scantron answer sheet by filling in the date, school year, and levels boxes.
- Give the test.
- Follow instructions for returning the test to Hewitt. Please make sure to sign the disposal verification sheet.
- Tests and results must be sent to one address, paid for with one check or credit card, and returned together in order to receive a quantity price break.
- Group-test shipping requires a physical street address.
- We will need the following information:
- Each child’s first and last name
- Grade level
- Parent’s name, address, email, and phone number for each child
- Student ID (if they’ve they’ve taken it before and if it’s available)
- It may take up to four weeks to process group-test orders and get the tests to the group leader. Please order early.
- Completed group tests returned separately from the group are subject to an additional $10.00 handling fee per test.
- Results returned individually will be sent to the parents on record rather than the group leader unless otherwise requested. Results returned as a group will be returned to the group leader.
Download excel file with required information by clicking here. You may email this completed form to customerservice @ hewitthomeschooling.com.
For each student you wish to test, we must have their name and the grade you want the student compared with, the parent(s)’ name(s) and mailing address, a telephone number, an email address help if any last-minute problems arise, and the date you wish Hewitt to ship (allow 7 to 10 business days for it to reach you).
Full payment is required with each order, and is nonrefundable once it is shipped. Individual orders (for students from one family) may be ordered online. Group orders (those involving students from two or more families) and those where you are not the parent/guardian of the student must be phoned and then emailed directly to us.
To order you have a few options:
- Give us a call at (360) 835-8708.
- Email us at [email protected]
- Purchase through our web store.
We have students all over the world who use the PASS test. The states of New York, North Carolina, Washington, and Alaska have approved the PASS for purposes of state reporting. In other states which require testing, many school districts accept the test, but you should check with your local school district before relying on it.
While the test itself is untimed, there is a limit for how long you can hang on to the test. Due to test integrity, you will need to return the test within 30 days. We use the anticipated testing date you enter when you order to allow for maximum flexibility.
Absolutely! Just enter your anticipated testing date when you order. We will hold your order and ship the package out in time for you to test within the 30 day time frame.
Order a P.A.S.S. test
Please use our Web Store to purchase individual P.A.S.S. tests. For group purchases please email: [email protected]
Order P.A.S.S. test results reprint
Please use our Web Store to purchase P.A.S.S. results reprints.